And we're off!

You all have done so well with spreading The Word. I'm excited that twenty two (!) of you and your friends have joined me in the Bible reading challenge. I'm motivated and challenged  when I think about each of you individually being willing and motivated to pursue the Lord in this way. I'm praying for you as we begin this challenge. Be sure and comment, post on your own blog, or email me to let me know how its going for you! Also, check out each other's journey by clicking the names of particpants in my sidebar. I think you will find them inspiring.
I'm off to a fairly good start to my Bible Reading. I decided to go ahead and start in Genesis and maybe here pretty soon, split part of my reading up and read somewhere in the New Testament as well. I'm amazed because everytime I start Genesis, I have expectations of being bored with a book I've read so many times. How foolish I am. I see something new e.v.e.r.y. time.
I'm also going to attempt 365 verses in a year-- a challenge Melinda is doing over at her blog. I'm going to start off with the book of James. This book and I have a love/hate relationship. Intending no disrespect, I only mean that the truth both hurts and yet gives guidance and peace. I love the beauty of that paradox. James constantly puts me in my rightful place. As I was previewing the verses I plan to memorize the following ones struck me as very very important to those of us who are committing ourselves to the reading of The Word. James 1:21-25:

herefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with 

meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls

But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man

beholding his natural face in a glass: For he behold himself and goeth

his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.

But whoso looketh in the perfect law of liberty, and continueth

therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work,

this man shall be blessed in his deed.

A needful reminder, yes?  May God bless the reading of His Word!!

 

4 Reflections:

Renate said...

Make that twenty three people!

Genesis also amazes me every time... I'm planning to read straight through the historical books, but read the prophets where they fit into the historical narrative.

Thank you for the challenge! It's going to be exciting!!! Pray that I'll be consistent in making time for Bible reading through a hectic first year of university.

Renate

Kaylene Elise said...

Renate, I'm glad you're joining in! I will be praying for you.

Unknown said...

I'm really having fun already with this Bible reading challenge. Thanks so much for hosting it and encouraging us on!

<3

Anonymous said...

I am already really enjoying the Bible reading. Thanks for encouraging us to do this Kaylene, it has already changed things for me, and we are only a few days into it.
Christin




The Face


view Kaylene's profile
When I am faithless, He is faithful.
When mine fail, His plans prevail.
When I fail, His mercy endures.
Without Him, I am nothing.


Participants:
Abbie
Alicia
Andy
Anna -Completed
Annsley
Amy
Angela -Completed
Carri
Cassie
Christin
Christal
Crystal
Eden -Completed
Esther
Hannah
Kate
Laura -Completed
Lauren
Leah -Completed
Maddi
Melinda - Completed
Renate
Sara R
Sarah H -Completed
Sarah K -Completed
Shannon
Whitney

Let's Pray

Noted Songs

Beating Hearts

It Really Works

Search & Win

Blogging Topics