Looking Forward

Like I said, I'm pretty bad at keeping resolutions. But I'm really, really good at making them. So naturally I have this impulse to write out a new year's "priority list". I've got a lot of purposeful statements floating around in my head. Some of them are depressing, because they were on this year's mental list and didn't get accomplished. Others (well, all of them really) I realize just aren't happening, until I fully surrender that area to God. For some reason that simple lesson seems to take a whole life to learn.
My thinking and plans for 2010 go something along the lines of:  Exercising more, drinking more water, eating healthier. hehe.. the normal stuff you see on a list of resolutions. But there are some heavier ones too, like: Speaking less, doing more. Using my time more purposefully. Maybe see if life goes just as well, if I complain and worry a little a lot less. (its gotten so bad that I complain that I complain too much.)  Eradicating selfishness. Yeah, all of that and more. So basically, I'm on the transplant list for a servant's heart. Prayer would be nice.

What are you're thoughts for the New Year? Or are you a resolution maker?
My heart is so proud. My mind is so unfocused.
I see the things You do through me as great things I have done. 
And now You gently break me, then lovingly You take me 
and hold me as my father and mold me as my maker.

I ask you: "How many times will you pick me up, 

when I keep on letting you down?
And each time I will fall short of Your glory, 

how far will forgiveness abound?"
And you answer: " My child, I love you.
And as long as you're seeking My face, 

                                              You'll walk in the pow'r of My daily sufficient grace."

photo-  "trainees- kaylene sam alexis t.j." by Soryn V.

 

7 Reflections:

Brittney Galloway said...

I really liked that : I'm on a transplant list for a servant's heart. Except I think I will be actively looking for that "donor," heart instead of sitting and dying, ha!

Kaylene Elise said...

Exactly Brittany. Amen. And I think my donor's name is Jesus-- So its Him I'm actively pursuing.

Anonymous said...

Kaylene, I just wanted to say thanks for posting this... I hope to take your thoughts and ponder them (if you'd let me :) The song lyrics are great!

Amy K

Anonymous said...

I am so much the same, Kaylene. I am so good at making all kinds of good sounding resolutions, but I almost never carry them out. I am praying that my resolutions (bible reading included) will be carried out this year. I will be praying that this new year will be a path that takes you closer to the Lord, more mature in Him, and able to love others even more! Please be praying for the same for me. Love you!

Christin

Unknown said...

Wonderful goals, dear Kaylene. You inspire me sooo much. I echo MOST of your goals, especially using time more purposely.
Thanks for the encouragement!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Kaylene: If you want to add another name to your list, one of my friends has taken the challenge! She's Annsley, not a blogger but heard about it from reading my blog.

God bless!
Anna

Kaylene Elise said...

Girls, your thoughts are so encouraging to me. At times I think I must struggle with these issues more than the average person, but I know I'm not alone in my struggles, in that we've all got things we need to work on. Thanks for the prayer support, and I plan to do the same for you.

Anna, we're happy to have her join in! I'm seriously just so excited that we've got so many people desiring to pursue the Lord in this way.




The Face


view Kaylene's profile
When I am faithless, He is faithful.
When mine fail, His plans prevail.
When I fail, His mercy endures.
Without Him, I am nothing.


Participants:
Abbie
Alicia
Andy
Anna -Completed
Annsley
Amy
Angela -Completed
Carri
Cassie
Christin
Christal
Crystal
Eden -Completed
Esther
Hannah
Kate
Laura -Completed
Lauren
Leah -Completed
Maddi
Melinda - Completed
Renate
Sara R
Sarah H -Completed
Sarah K -Completed
Shannon
Whitney

Let's Pray

Noted Songs

Beating Hearts

It Really Works

Search & Win

Blogging Topics