"Master Forgive, and Inspire Us Anew"

"Oh God, stamp eternity on my eyeballs!"

"When I see the church in the New Testament... They didn't have stately buildings. They didn't have paid evangelists. They didn't have a lot of money. They didn't have organization. They weren't able to get on TV and beg. But I'll tell you what they did, THEY TURNED THE WORLD UPSIDE DOWN!"

"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad." 2 Cor. 5:10

What do you think? Do you see the "church" today as a success or failure? Do you struggle to keep an eternal perspective? Which quote from this sermon struck you as most profound or convicting?

 

7 Reflections:

Unknown said...

Oh, Kaylene. I needed that. All of it stood out, it was so convicting! Thank you so much for posting this.

Callie said...

I often struggle to keep an eternal perspective - I tend to get caught up in daily tasks and forget about striving for things of eternal value.
Thanks for commenting on my blog - it's nice to "meet" you! I'm glad you entered the giveaway. Good luck! *grin*

Kaylene Elise said...

Melinda, it was convicting to me as well.

Callie, I struggle with it too. I think thats why this vid seemed so inspiring to me. great to meet you too :)

Mr. Nichols said...

I've heard him on illbehonest.com
Very convicting, very true. Really stood out to me the difference between entertainment and joy. Sometimes I wish all th noise would stop at church and people could just fellowship more. 1 John 1:7

Anonymous said...

Two parts stood out to me specifically. One was the part about "Entertainment is our substitute for real joy" and also "A man is only as good as his prayer life". This was very convicting, thank you so much, Kaylene. We need to pray for the church, but also make a change ourselves.
Christin

P.S. Oh, and a side note is I love Mr. Ravenhill's accent. :)

LeAnna said...

I've been watching a lot of videos here lately, and Mr. Ravenhill has been the voice behind many of them. Convicting words, indeed. A bankrupt church... is exactly what the modern day Church is. A disgrace to the very Gospel of Jesus Christ. A disgrace to the blood HE shed. We wonder why our country is in such a disarray? I believe it is because the Church has failed to be a place for the believer to be properly shepherded - and it shows in the sheep (or goats...) When we get away from the message of the Cross, the message of repentance and a contrite heart, the message of victory through Christ alone (and not some 12 step program steeped in psychology) - we've gotten away from the only message that matters.
And so we must pray. Pray for revival starting with us. Pray for a remnant of people who still have a passion for Truth, and the things of God. The Church needs to wake up and realize that it does not have to become like the world to reach the world.
Thanks for posting!

Kaylene Elise said...

I really appreciate your thoughtful comments everyone. I'm encouraged to know I'm not the only one seeing the need for revival, and I'm edified to hear the areas that are concerning you as well.

Lord, let the revival begin with me.




The Face


view Kaylene's profile
When I am faithless, He is faithful.
When mine fail, His plans prevail.
When I fail, His mercy endures.
Without Him, I am nothing.


Participants:
Abbie
Alicia
Andy
Anna -Completed
Annsley
Amy
Angela -Completed
Carri
Cassie
Christin
Christal
Crystal
Eden -Completed
Esther
Hannah
Kate
Laura -Completed
Lauren
Leah -Completed
Maddi
Melinda - Completed
Renate
Sara R
Sarah H -Completed
Sarah K -Completed
Shannon
Whitney

Let's Pray

Noted Songs

Beating Hearts

It Really Works

Search & Win

Blogging Topics