Only One Life...

... Twill soon be past. Only what's done for Christ will last.

"Life is too short, too precious, too painful to waste on worldly bubbles that burst. Heaven is too great, hell is too horrible, eternity is too long that we should putter around on the porch of eternity."-John Piper

"Let us lay aside ever weight and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run, with patience, the race that is set before us."

"Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; as obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance: But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation..."
photo of- Alexandria

 

12 Reflections:

Abbie said...

God has really been impressing this whole time-wasting thing upon me lately. I'm learning to manage my time...SLOWLY but surely!
I like that quote by John Piper.

Anonymous said...

i♥you kk(o:

i'm loving the new photo of you too! you look so adorable.

Unknown said...

I love that quote. It goes along with some of the thoughts about eternity and heaven I've been having.

And I agree, your new picture is adorable!! :)

Andy Moore said...

real true. it's a good reminder.
sweet blog, I like the design... and what you have to say I guess... also, the abortion counter in the sidebar, that's quite a wake-up call isn't it!

Kaylene Elise said...

Abbie, you are not alone.

Melinda this does go well with your post on eternity. Hadn't thought of that.

Andy, the abortion counter is down right disturbing. I'll have my page up for a few minutes, leave and come back and the number is up in the thousands and I get this horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Anonymous said...

Kaylene,
Great post. That IS a wonderful quote, and SO TRUE. The new pic of you is cute...did you get your hair dyed or is it just an light or special effect? I was at the Noah's ark thing, and was sad to see that you weren't there. :( Hope to see you soon! :)

Love, Christin

Anonymous said...

Oh, and forgot to say that the abortion thing is an eye opener. We seem to say, "Abortion kills lots of babies" but to actually see how many die each minute.....wow.
Christin

Andy said...

Yes, it's awful! I hope y'all able to be involved in the Pro-Life Day of Silent Solidarity. The event saved 50 babies (that they know of, so it's probably more) in 2008, it's really effective.

Kaylene Elise said...

Christin, No I didn't dye my hair- I desaturated the photo causing it to appear that I'm graying early :)

I was so bummed when I heard that I missed seeing you. I'm living at home right now, but I'm not really *living* at home if you know what I mean. I'm staying so busy other places! Hope to see ya soon.

Andy, I'm glad you shared that link. I didn't realize that was coming up so soon. I don't think I'll be able to participate --but I want to be in prayer for those who are.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this post Kaylene!!!

Amy K.

Kaylene Elise said...

Thanks for stopping in Amy! I enjoyed getting your letter today as well <3

earl said...

Amen.




The Face


view Kaylene's profile
When I am faithless, He is faithful.
When mine fail, His plans prevail.
When I fail, His mercy endures.
Without Him, I am nothing.


Participants:
Abbie
Alicia
Andy
Anna -Completed
Annsley
Amy
Angela -Completed
Carri
Cassie
Christin
Christal
Crystal
Eden -Completed
Esther
Hannah
Kate
Laura -Completed
Lauren
Leah -Completed
Maddi
Melinda - Completed
Renate
Sara R
Sarah H -Completed
Sarah K -Completed
Shannon
Whitney

Let's Pray

Noted Songs

Beating Hearts

It Really Works

Search & Win

Blogging Topics