Happy is She Who Stays Busy

I'll admit it. I like to stay busy. I don't like the repercussions of being too busy for too long though. I'm learning to not spread myself so thin. I think. I still have a lot of aspirations that could cram my calendar, but this week was fairly balanced.

Tuesday and Thursday I took care of an elderly lady in her home. She is adorable. And feisty. I enjoy fiesty. Especially at her age. :) She wanted to take me to the local bank in her sleepy little town. Because "There's young handsome men in there, and you would like to meet them." But we got too busy (thank goodness) with cleaning her crystal and linens; a pedicure; listening to 8 tracks; and trips to the cemetery.

I just started something new that I love. Wednesday evenings I've been teaching English as a second language. SO fun. But do you have any idea how weird our language is? It is. I didn't fully realize it until I tried to explain some of our funny rules and pronunciations. Thanks to my trips to Mexico and now, teaching my [totally amazing, beautiful and bright] ESL student, I've learned a very special lesson. There is a way of communication that reaches beyond languages of the tongue. Its known simply as smiling and laughing. If you don't know how, I highly recommend you learn how. And no, we don't just sit there and giggle. I mean real laughter and a smile every once in awhile that communicates "I'm happy to be here. I'm happy to know you."

Amidst the rest of my schedule I have to find time to study for my online Doula class. Do you know what that is? A doula mothers mothers. Now you know!

Um, lets see what else? Oh yes. I am designing some wedding invites for a couple whom I helped shoot engagement pictures for. Its been fun to get in on a couple projects for my friend's clients. I may help shoot their wedding in December. Fun-ness.

In other news, I know how much you wanted to know that I made my second sale on Ebay today! Delightful day. I was so happy. Its the simple things.

I really like living with my family. They're good people and they are good to me. I wanted that to go down in the records, since I'm not always that great at showing my appreciation. I also miss my Grandma and Grandpa. They did a lot for me while I was there earlier this year, and have been supportive of me. Love you two and thanks again for everything.[ooooh scary shark picture. haha, aren't we cute?]
This post has been rather helter skelter. Wonder if I missed anything. :) Blessings on your weekend!

I have accomplished nothing if I have not taken up my cross.
Matthew 10:38&39 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

 

3 Reflections:

Anonymous said...

I don't mind your random posts, in fact, I enjoy them a lot! :) Sounds like you are having a wonderful week! Cute picture with the shark. :) Yes, you guys are cute.
I am so excited that Eliz is coming back! Do you get to see her while she is here?
Hope to see you soon!
Christin

Kaylene Elise said...

I'm glad you like my random posts Christin, seems I do a lot of 'em.

The ironic thing about this post, is that this evening we watched a preacher who preached on "busyness". Hehe, good to stay balanced and keep our eyes on the Lord through all of life's busyness.

I hope to get to see Elizabeth. I need to find out how long she will be home-- I finally have a full week of work this week, so I don't know how easy it will be for me to get away.

Abbie said...

I love that you take care of the elderly lady. What an awesome job! I would love to do something like that. I absolutely adore old people :) And they have so much wisdom!

I enjoyed your "helter-skelter" post!

Keep up the good work, balancing the busyness :)




The Face


view Kaylene's profile
When I am faithless, He is faithful.
When mine fail, His plans prevail.
When I fail, His mercy endures.
Without Him, I am nothing.


Participants:
Abbie
Alicia
Andy
Anna -Completed
Annsley
Amy
Angela -Completed
Carri
Cassie
Christin
Christal
Crystal
Eden -Completed
Esther
Hannah
Kate
Laura -Completed
Lauren
Leah -Completed
Maddi
Melinda - Completed
Renate
Sara R
Sarah H -Completed
Sarah K -Completed
Shannon
Whitney

Let's Pray

Noted Songs

Beating Hearts

It Really Works

Search & Win

Blogging Topics