Please Pass the Talent

I think of so many things to write as I lay in bed at night. In the morning, I realize I think so much better than I write. Which doesn’t say much for my thinking. I take pictures. I don't have to think to do that. Or write.

Seriously though. I’ve been reading some blogs that leave me a.b.s.o.l.u.t.e.l.y. inspired. There are so many different tones to writing. Some write essays. Some write diary entries. Others write some really witty words. Some are capable of writing as though they just typed their thoughts out as they were thinking them. Those kind totally engage me and keep me begging for more. It just comes across as so real-- as though I were sitting across the table from them, having a two way conversation.

Anywho, I think I’m learning the difference between the natural and the wanna-be (like me). But hey, who’s to say that the wanna-be can’t someday be what she wants to be? Just please hold my dry humor and attempts at wit in check, so I don’t go over board trying too hard.

While I’m getting my “act” together here are some blogs of note for you to read. And I really mean that. These blogs float my boat. (please rate that sentence on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the wittiest thing you’ve ever read. Thank you.)

Annieblogs.com (its like she’s right there talkin’ to me)

Latte-with-love.blogspot.com (gets down to the heart of the matter)

Reflectionsfromkt.blogspot.com (A heart to serve, the size of Texas)

Loveforthetruth.com (a perfect blend of purpose and intellectual stimulation)

Alirae.net (Beauty she is as beauty she does. and writes.)

and thats just to name a few... what are your favorites?

 

4 Reflections:

Anonymous said...

Kaylene,
Thanks for posting the links!
Continue in Christ!
Amy

Unknown said...

Kaylene, that is funny. I hear you though, soooo true. I have some wanna be ways to right that I have seen on other people's blogs.

Abbie said...

Kaylene, thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. It made me grin ear to ear.
I often feel like a complete wannabe/imposter when I write - I'm so glad I'm not the only one that feels that way.
I LOVE your blog and writing. You've got the wit, girl, and the depth! (Oh, and I'm bookmarking you too!)
Blessings,
Abbie
(P.S. Your blog is beautiful!)

Anonymous said...

Who says you're not a natural?
I certainly wish I had the ability to write like that.

Philip




The Face


view Kaylene's profile
When I am faithless, He is faithful.
When mine fail, His plans prevail.
When I fail, His mercy endures.
Without Him, I am nothing.


Participants:
Abbie
Alicia
Andy
Anna -Completed
Annsley
Amy
Angela -Completed
Carri
Cassie
Christin
Christal
Crystal
Eden -Completed
Esther
Hannah
Kate
Laura -Completed
Lauren
Leah -Completed
Maddi
Melinda - Completed
Renate
Sara R
Sarah H -Completed
Sarah K -Completed
Shannon
Whitney

Let's Pray

Noted Songs

Beating Hearts

It Really Works

Search & Win

Blogging Topics