Good Success

"So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom." Psalm 90:12

Not a day goes by when I don't think about what God might have in store or how He plans to use me. Its not always an issue of discontentment, but rather a question from little me to a big God. "What do You want me to be doing?"
The day we received our certificates for completion of the Discipleship training, one of our teachers read Joshua 1:8 as exhortation to us to continue in The Word. Its from my Dad's favorite passage and one I've heard over and over.
"This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success."
I was struck by what almost seemed to be a redundancy. Good success. Good success? How often do we, as Americans especially, think of success as anything but good? I realized that at times I equalize the two in my mind and consider lack of career and financial goals to be a sacrifice of success. In a sense, if those things are not in God's plan for me, they are bad success. And rather than being a sacrifice on my part, His purposes are actually deliverance from the bondage of this world.
Romans 12:1&2 "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."

 

3 Reflections:

Unknown said...

Very good thoughts, Kaylene!

Louise Leathers said...

Hey beautiful!
Yes ma'am I am engaged! I am so excited! We have been courting for almost a year. He is an awesome man! Unfortunately, I don't get to see him that often. He lives in another state so we go on letters and the phone. But I am very happy about it! Life change when we moved down here that is for sure! Well I will talk to you later!
Anna

Christy and Allyson said...

Hey Kaylene,
I love your post! It is so true that God has a different path for each of us. And bye the way " Congrats !!!" Thanks for commenting on my blog. I really enjoyed getting to hear from you. You always have such good ideas.
Love in Christ.
Christy




The Face


view Kaylene's profile
When I am faithless, He is faithful.
When mine fail, His plans prevail.
When I fail, His mercy endures.
Without Him, I am nothing.


Participants:
Abbie
Alicia
Andy
Anna -Completed
Annsley
Amy
Angela -Completed
Carri
Cassie
Christin
Christal
Crystal
Eden -Completed
Esther
Hannah
Kate
Laura -Completed
Lauren
Leah -Completed
Maddi
Melinda - Completed
Renate
Sara R
Sarah H -Completed
Sarah K -Completed
Shannon
Whitney

Let's Pray

Noted Songs

Beating Hearts

It Really Works

Search & Win

Blogging Topics