Good Bye, Texas

I've been rather neglectful of this blog lately. Which is rather sad, as it has just barely gotten of the ground. I shall try to be more faithful, though life doesn't show any signs of slowing down.

This Saturday I'm flying to another state, where I'll stay for 6 months. I'll be living with my grandparents and attending a Missions training program. I'm really looking forward to this, to say the least! I'm anticipating learning so much in the coming months and really hope to use this time as a time of refocusing on Jesus' face and His purpose for me... Setting all distractions aside.
The training puts lots of emphasize on Bible study and training in Evangelism. Once a month or so, we will probably take trips and minister in other cities. They also encourage becoming involved in ministry opportunities that are available right where we're living. I've very excited about this aspect of the training. Its planned out to where I'll have time for "book-learning" and have time for "hands-on". I sure would appreciate your prayers as I launch out into this new adventure.

I'm going to attempt at keeping this blog up to date. If nothing else, as place for peeps from home to come and get updated. So keep checking back and keep me posted on your lives too!
Cheers to 2009! Wishing you the best, Kaylene

 

4 Reflections:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kaylene
I'm new to reading your blog. I hope your journey is blessed. Last night I was reading The Remarkable Women of the Bible by Elizabeth George and as I read your post I felt God bring back a portion of it to me for you.

ABOVE YOU are God's overshadowing wings (Ps 91:4)
BENEATH YOU are God's everlasting arms (Deut 33:27)
AROUND YOU the angel of the Lord encamps on all sides to deliver you (Ps 34:7)
INSIDE YOU God's peace that passes all understanding guards you heart and mind (Phil 4:7)

God is stressing to me that you are GUARDED BY HIS ANGELS, your HEART is safe.

It's not often I leave comments quite like this, but when God speaks I obey!

God Bless you!

Kate said...

How exciting! Glad things are working out for you :) Isn't it amazing where/how thing end up and happen?

I'm happy for you! Good luck in your new adventure!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kaylene,
I am excited that you are getting to go! And I'll be praying for you! E-mail when you get a chance and I'll be checking in on your blog too.
In Christ,
A. Knop

Kaylene Elise said...

Larissa, thanks so much for the encouragement. It really does apply to my life right now, so I thank you for following the Lord's leading to share. I'm so thankful for the friends I've made through blogging. What a blessing you all are!

Kate, it is truly amazing. Thanks for being happy with me and for the advice you've given (through your blog and email) as far as being content in the present and making decisions concerning the future.

Amy, I'm behind on my emailing as you can tell. How I wish we could have gotten together before I leave. I *always* read your emails, even when I don't reply right away... and they remind me to pray for you. Take care and thanks for your prayers!




The Face


view Kaylene's profile
When I am faithless, He is faithful.
When mine fail, His plans prevail.
When I fail, His mercy endures.
Without Him, I am nothing.


Participants:
Abbie
Alicia
Andy
Anna -Completed
Annsley
Amy
Angela -Completed
Carri
Cassie
Christin
Christal
Crystal
Eden -Completed
Esther
Hannah
Kate
Laura -Completed
Lauren
Leah -Completed
Maddi
Melinda - Completed
Renate
Sara R
Sarah H -Completed
Sarah K -Completed
Shannon
Whitney

Let's Pray

Noted Songs

Beating Hearts

It Really Works

Search & Win

Blogging Topics