A Vision for Freedom

A peek inside my journal....
"For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. For the whole law is fulfilled in one word, in the statement, 'you shall love your neighbor as yourself.'" Galatians 5:13&14
These verses almost never cease to put a peace in my heart. When life seems so complicated and doctrines and issues are overwhelming, the Lord graciously reminds me, that it is humans who complicate life and the "law".

If I put my focus on serving, how much time would I have left to wonder how the law should be carried out in every detail? No doubt its necessary to attempt to discern these things. But where is my emphasize in life? If I was busy lovingly serving others, would the pieces of the puzzle start falling into place?
photo credit

 

4 Reflections:

Anonymous said...

Kaylene,
I agree! We christians tend to make it so difficult. No wonder some people shy away from christians. Jesus made it easy for non-christians to see the way. He was the ultimate example of love.
Thanks for sharing!
Christin

Kaylene Elise said...

You're right Christin! Wow, we need to be so careful about how we portray Christ to others... Thanks for your thoughts!

Anonymous said...

Like totally!
All human life seems to think that they were put on earth to complicate things! And if we as christians do not potray our LORD properly, then it will only make things worse!
Great thought!

Kaylene Elise said...

thanks for yours!




The Face


view Kaylene's profile
When I am faithless, He is faithful.
When mine fail, His plans prevail.
When I fail, His mercy endures.
Without Him, I am nothing.


Participants:
Abbie
Alicia
Andy
Anna -Completed
Annsley
Amy
Angela -Completed
Carri
Cassie
Christin
Christal
Crystal
Eden -Completed
Esther
Hannah
Kate
Laura -Completed
Lauren
Leah -Completed
Maddi
Melinda - Completed
Renate
Sara R
Sarah H -Completed
Sarah K -Completed
Shannon
Whitney

Let's Pray

Noted Songs

Beating Hearts

It Really Works

Search & Win

Blogging Topics