Contentment

This quote speaks to exactly the areas in my heart that God has been working on. By the moment I have choices to make concerning my attitudes toward life in general. I can wallow over the past, complain about the present, and wish I was somewhere else, doing something else, or even that I was someone else. Or I could praise the Lord for bringing me through the trials, acknowledge how they've provided wisdom to live in the present, reach out to others that are experiencing similar trials, and have true faith in the God whom I've given my future to hold.


"We used to think that one of the unalienable rights of man was that he should be able to plan both his professional and his private life. That is a thing of the past. The force of circumstances has brought us into a situation where we have to give up being 'anxious about tomorrow'. But it makes all the difference in the world whether we accept this willingly and in faith, or under continual restraint. For most people, the compulsory abandonment of planning for the future means that they are forced back into living for the moment, irresponsibly, frivolously, or resignedly; some few dream longingly of better times to come, and try to forget the present. We find both these courses equally impossible, and there remains for us only the very narrow way, often extremely difficult to find, of living every day as if it were our last, and yet living in faith and responsibility as though there were to be a great future.... It is not easy to be brave and keep that spirit alive, but it is imperative."
||Dietrich Bonhoeffer||
photo credit: LM

 

7 Reflections:

Elizabeth said...

Good quote. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I think we visit a lot of the same blogs!

Kaylene Elise said...

Thanks for the comments Elizabeth! You're right... we do visit a lot of the same blogs... that's how I found you. :)

blessings.

Anonymous said...

Hey! This new blog looks good so far! I really like the poem on waiting for God...did you write it? Well anywho, keep it up!
God bless!

Kaylene Elise said...

Hey Kathryn,
No I didn't write the poem. I should've have written credits to John Waller on the post. I first heard the song on the movie 'Fireproof'. Have you seen it? I really recommend it.

Anonymous said...

No I have not seen 'Fireproof' yet, but I have heard some about it. I'll have to look it up! Thanks!
I just put new posts on my blog, in case you wanna check it out!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this! I needed to read this today! God is working on my heart regarding this specific area in my life!

Kaylene Elise said...

Your feedback is a blessing Trinity Mommy... so glad to hear from someone learning the same lesson as me. Its an encouragement.




The Face


view Kaylene's profile
When I am faithless, He is faithful.
When mine fail, His plans prevail.
When I fail, His mercy endures.
Without Him, I am nothing.


Participants:
Abbie
Alicia
Andy
Anna -Completed
Annsley
Amy
Angela -Completed
Carri
Cassie
Christin
Christal
Crystal
Eden -Completed
Esther
Hannah
Kate
Laura -Completed
Lauren
Leah -Completed
Maddi
Melinda - Completed
Renate
Sara R
Sarah H -Completed
Sarah K -Completed
Shannon
Whitney

Let's Pray

Noted Songs

Beating Hearts

It Really Works

Search & Win

Blogging Topics