I am a Cheater

In contrast to the last post, the following addresses what so many of us are in bondage to. This was convicting to me and revealing of just how many sins pride hides behind. Take the time to read it.

My name is Pride. I am a cheater.
I cheat you of your God-given destiny. . .
because you demand your own way.

I cheat you of contentment. . .
because you "deserve better than this."

I cheat you of knowledge. . .
because you already know it all.

I cheat you of healing. . .
because you're too full of me to forgive.

I cheat you of holiness. . .
because you refuse to admit when you're wrong.

I cheat you of vision. . .
because you'd rather look in the mirror than out a window.

I cheat you of genuine friendship. . .
because nobody's going to know the real you.

I cheat you of love. . .
because real romance demands sacrifice.

I cheat you of greatness in heaven. . .
because you refuse to wash another's feet in earth.

I cheat you of God's glory. . .
because I convince you to seek your own.

My name is Pride. I am a cheater.

You like me because you think I'm always looking out for you. Untrue.

I'm looking to make a fool of you.

God has so much for you, I admit, but don't worry. . .

If you stick with me you'll never know.

||from a book by Beth Moore||

HT: Emily

 

7 Reflections:

Daniel and Rachel said...

Hi! Thanks for your kind comments on my blog...I always enjoy getting new readers!! Do mind my asking how you found my blog? Are you a friend of someone I know? :) Anyway, I've enjoyed reading yours as well! Keep up the great work!!

Kaylene Elise said...

Friend of a friend of a friend. :) I follow Andrea Herrlinger's blog closely, which is linked to Emily's blog Every Thought Captive, which is where I saw a comment that you left there which led me to your profile. :) hehe... blogging makes the world feel smaller.

Emily Mitton said...

lol got to love the blog-world, eh? Thanks for the link to my blog; this passage on pride is sooo convicting, I'm glad more readers will get to see it here.

Daniel and Rachel said...

LOL, it's funny how small the world really is!!! :) The older I get, them more I realize that. Seems like we DO have some things in common!! :) Have you guys been in ATI, or just used IBLP stuff? Do you have a large family as well? I come from a family of 7, and my husband from a family of 8. :) And of course you're welcome at my blog anytime!!!

Anonymous said...

How true...how convicting...how ouchee! Oooh ow!
Love it!

Elizabeth said...

So true! Thanks for sharing that with us. I could really work on my pride, I know that much. So when are you going to come see me? I'm think we should have a Christmas party for all the girls in the homeschool group, what do you thinkj... we could do like a Bible study/girls night/fellowship/.... :)
Elizabeth

Kaylene Elise said...

Hey its an idea! Lets keep it in mind! Hope you're feeling better now... ((hugs))




The Face


view Kaylene's profile
When I am faithless, He is faithful.
When mine fail, His plans prevail.
When I fail, His mercy endures.
Without Him, I am nothing.


Participants:
Abbie
Alicia
Andy
Anna -Completed
Annsley
Amy
Angela -Completed
Carri
Cassie
Christin
Christal
Crystal
Eden -Completed
Esther
Hannah
Kate
Laura -Completed
Lauren
Leah -Completed
Maddi
Melinda - Completed
Renate
Sara R
Sarah H -Completed
Sarah K -Completed
Shannon
Whitney

Let's Pray

Noted Songs

Beating Hearts

It Really Works

Search & Win

Blogging Topics