Sit down...

...We need to talk.
Ah, its ok. No one is getting spanked... unless you all rise up and decide I need a good one for leaving the blog unattended for going on two weeks with no explanation.... shame, shame on me.
But here's the scoop.
Two weeks ago I left on a ca-razy trip. The destination was the Oregon coast for a missions conference. The means of getting there... was the craziest [funnest] part of the whole gig. Its a whole post in itself. The conference was great. I have yet to discover how to summarize/describe a weekend like that in a single blog, with out actually live-blogging it. Hmmm... maybe I should look into that.
I'm back. I'm alive. And I'm trying to figure out what parts of the trip would be interesting enough to the world, that I should actually blog them. My sister also videoed me sharing a testimony in the ladies meeting. I have very mixed emotions about posting it. I'm undecided.
Now on to the current and more exciting news...
We are down to three weeks, Bible readers, three weeks!! The end of June will mark 6 months. And me oh my has it come quickly. Thats ok, and I'm excited to hear everyone's testimonies --whether it was victorious all the way, or struggles here and there. I know of a couple who have already finished. One accidentally chose a 3 month Bible plan and decided to stick with it--- and she really did finish in that time! Another one of you finished in 5 months! I'm blessed beyond what I can express, to hear/read of your desire for His Word. No matter the date you finish.
I thought maybe I should also mention...
If any of you are still subscribed to my old blog (everythoughtcaptive.wordpress.com) You may be getting posts in your feeder... that aren't from me. I handed the domain over to someone else who wanted to use the theme 'Every Thought Captive'. So that explains that... and the really cool templates the new inhabitant has been trying out that you may have noticed. Oh, and my archives from that blog have been moved to : kayleneelise.wordpress.com.
Hope everyone's week is off to a great start!!

"...Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me: Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the LORD? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain." Proverbs 30:8&9

 

8 Reflections:

LeAnna said...

You've been a busy busy gal! I've enjoyed your pictures on fb, though. Ever girl's summer ought to consist of some wild and fun road trips. Hope your ears feel better soon.

Anna said...

Missed you, Kaylene! It's good to hear from you!

Melinda said...

I know! 3 weeks! THANK YOU for heading this up. I have had such a wonderful time reading through the Bible.

If you're up to more exciting road trips, come visit me! ;) Life with me IS an adventure. :P

Melinda said...

Hey, I just thought I'd drop in and ask you and my fellow Bible Challenge readers to pray as I try to finish up within this next week. I'm leaving on a several day trip, so I want to get done by next Wednesday. I have a ways to go, but I know through God's strength I can do it! :)
Thanks!

Anglican Mama said...

I can't wait to hear your musings on the conference, I'm sure it was wonderful. Was it with a certain organization?
I'm starting a Bible reading retreat with some friends next week too--its one I did a couple years ago and I'm anxious to start again. :) I wish I had caught yours in time, you have quite a crew participating, and it's so neat when you have a bunch to share it with.
So glad to have you back, hope you're recooping more gracefully than I have been! :D

Yelena said...

i just discovered your blog and i adore it. definetely following now! it's so nice to see people blogging and talking about their faith so openly and honestly. it's sometimes hard for me, so i draw inspiration from people like you.
i wish i had found your blog earlier so i could participate in this bible reading, but maybe next time!
can't wait to hear about your conference! :)
xo.

Ryan and Katy Williams said...

I can't wait to hear all about your week last week and share with everyone your introduction to ranch life!!!! You did great, we appreciate it!!!! Aren't you glad it waited to rain until we were back.

Q, La, and Gooner said...

Oh man, switching over is HARD HARD HARD!

And you HAVE been busy. I'm new to your blog so I didn't realize that you were on a journey.

Missions conferences are super awesome. You come away so uplifted and on fire for Jesus. Love it!




The Face


view Kaylene's profile
When I am faithless, He is faithful.
When mine fail, His plans prevail.
When I fail, His mercy endures.
Without Him, I am nothing.


Participants:
Abbie
Alicia
Andy
Anna -Completed
Annsley
Amy
Angela -Completed
Carri
Cassie
Christin
Christal
Crystal
Eden -Completed
Esther
Hannah
Kate
Laura -Completed
Lauren
Leah -Completed
Maddi
Melinda - Completed
Renate
Sara R
Sarah H -Completed
Sarah K -Completed
Shannon
Whitney

Let's Pray

Noted Songs

Beating Hearts

It Really Works

Search & Win

Blogging Topics