Fun Stuff

hI've been given several blog awards in the last few days and I thought it would be fun to go ahead and acknowledge them here. I've been awarded a few over my blogging years (years?? I've been blogging for years?? Oh my.) but haven't always taken the time to post them and do the associated tag or assignment. 
Blog awards don't necessarily represent prestige or rank in blogdom. They are more like just a  fun ways to share your favorite blogs and, depict by the award you give them, why that blog is one of your favorites. Or thats the way it seems to me. But I for one, always feel a little special after receiving one. Between comments and blog awards, its fun to know people actually read what I write.
Abbie and Anna awarded me the 'You're going places, Baby' award. I'm with Anna, this has got to be the most unique I've ever had.  Made me smile. The rules to this award are: Share where you see yourself in ten years and then award this to ten other bloggers.
In ten years I'll be 30. And that right there, is sorta hard to wrap my mind around. The last 5 years especially have been so unpredictable its hard to actually put in writing what I imagine myself doing/being in 10. But here goes! I would love to be married and have some kids by then. If not, I'd like to be on the mission field somewhere. To be oober specific, I would like to be found, in ten years, surrounded by bunches of little black babies who need me at least as much as I need them.
I award this to (because I see all of these people going places, leading purposeful lives): 
Sarah H gave me this award:
- Post about the tag.
-Choose 5 bloggers who deserve this award.
 -Leave a comment on the blogs of the people you tagged, letting them know they were awarded.
-Answer the questions along with your post. (Omit questions you don’t want to answer)
1. Which do you prefer–Apples, Oranges, or Bananas?
Oranges. Is this supposed to say something about my personality?
 2. How many siblings do you have?
Three. a brother and two sisters
3. Where do you live–a prairie, Woodland, city, or other?
Hmmm. I guess that would be prairie. Cuz its definitely not the other two.
4. What is something you enjoy doing with your family?
Playing banana-grams and watching movies. Spending time in the Word and prayer.
5. Is your room clean?
we're working on that. :)
6. Which would you prefer to vist–Italy, Greece, France, Spain, or England?
Mmmm. maybe Spain. I'm not picky.
7. What is a scripture that encourages you?
Just one? Ok. Psalm 138:8 "The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O LORD, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands."
8. Gum, chocolate, or jelly beans?
Gum. I know, I'm weird for not saying chocolate, but I'm being honest!
 9. What are your favorite types of books?
Missionary biographies. by far my favorite.
10. Which is your favorite ice cream flavor?
Vanilla.
11. If you had to eat one type of food for two weeks, what would that food be?
Potatoes. Potatoes. Potatoes.
12. Are you an outside or an inside person?
Depends.
13. Describe yourself in three words.
pretty. much. impossible.
14. What chore do you like to do the most?
this is by far the hardest question for this here lazy bum. I'm going to have to say cleaning toilets. Its not as degrading as it sounds. :)
This award goes to:
 Sarah also gave me the following awards.

-State 5 random facts about yourself.
-Award 5 of your stylish blogging friends.
1. I like cars.
2. I love to fish.
3. I'm not a huge fan of shopping unless its shoe shopping.
4. I pretty much flunked Algebra 2 in highschool.
5. I have a mild form of computer geekiness but when it comes to a cable TV remote I'm totally lost.
There. Was that random enough? :)


I give to ye 5 bloggers:
Anna, Alexis, Abbie, Eden, Lauren


And now for one more fun thing. Ashleigh over at Heart and Home is having a giveaway week and today she's giving away some Thrive Coffee and a traveler's mug. Pretty cool giveaway-- go check it out!

 

6 Reflections:

Kate said...

Awww thanks for the award Kaylene!!! I agree, it's nice to know that people actually read what you say...and like it too! ;)

Anglican Mama said...

This made my day, sister dear. TWO awards?! Thats so fun. :) You deserved every one of those lovely blog awards, I immensely enjoy your heartthoughts. I've related to them and have been encouraged by them on many, many occasions. Praise Jesus, and thank you! :)

Melinda said...

Thanks, dear! :)

LeAnna said...

Thanks, girl!!!

Anonymous said...

A very late Thank you!! I have been so behind in my blog reading! But thank you!

Kaylene Elise said...

OK, honestly I stink at this whole blog award thing 'cuz technically I was supposed to go around telling everyone I awarded them. And I didn't do that. So its my fault if ya'll are just now seeing this. Congrats to you all though. I love you all!!




The Face


view Kaylene's profile
When I am faithless, He is faithful.
When mine fail, His plans prevail.
When I fail, His mercy endures.
Without Him, I am nothing.


Participants:
Abbie
Alicia
Andy
Anna -Completed
Annsley
Amy
Angela -Completed
Carri
Cassie
Christin
Christal
Crystal
Eden -Completed
Esther
Hannah
Kate
Laura -Completed
Lauren
Leah -Completed
Maddi
Melinda - Completed
Renate
Sara R
Sarah H -Completed
Sarah K -Completed
Shannon
Whitney

Let's Pray

Noted Songs

Beating Hearts

It Really Works

Search & Win

Blogging Topics