Catching up . 2 .

The devil's been a fightin'.

Just as I purposed to read more, a whole slough of  shall we just say 'stresses' slammed me over the weekend.

I know for a fact it was the devil trying to get me down. Oh yeah. He was. I felt it way beyond the number of chapters I [didn't] read. Its a bigger battle and it goes on somewhere deep, deep inside of you and the circumstances you're placed in.

I would like to make a public, insincere apology to the enemy of this here reading challenge.

I'm sorry.

but no matter my personal failures-- In the end? You lose. My God reigns. That part's sincere.

Read over the weekend (or since last time I posted): somewhere around 40 chapters. Finished 1 Kings and into the next and a lot of Psalms. O. the beautiful Psalms.


My soul longeth, yea, even fainteth for the courts of the LORD:
my heart and my flesh crieth out for the living God.
Yea, the sparrow hath found an house,
and the swallow a nest for herself,
where she may lay her young,
even thine altars, O LORD of hosts,
my King, and my God.

Blessed are they that dwell in thy house:
they will be still praising thee. Selah.

Blessed is the man whose strength is in thee;
in whose heart are the ways of them.

For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand.
I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God,
than to dwell in the tents of wickedness.
                                                 -Excerpts of Psalm 84-

 

4 Reflections:

LeAnna said...

I really feel you on this. I have seen and felt satan rip roaring his way through the lives of believers in such a way lately. He has been attacking the faithful of all faithfuls and the struggling weary, too. But you are right! He loses, and our God reigns. There is a level of absolute contentment in knowing that, too. No matter what scheme is produced, I have never seen the righteous forsaken. And through Christ, we are the righteousness of Christ. Hold on, the storm clouds will eventually roll away, for a while. :)

Melinda said...

Yes! The battle is already won! My God has won the fight!
And like LeAnna said, there's hope and contentment in that truth.

I love the Psalms. I had such a hard time reading through them fast though. :)

You can do it through Christ's strength, Kaylene!

Kaylene Elise said...

Thanks Ladies. Your comments were great encouragements

Abbie said...

Ah, Kaylene, I'm failing the challenge! Shame on me! At the rate I'm going, I'll probably be finishing sometime around January =O

I've definitely been in a slump lately. But even if I don't finish on time, I have been - and will be - blessed so much by this whole reading experience!




The Face


view Kaylene's profile
When I am faithless, He is faithful.
When mine fail, His plans prevail.
When I fail, His mercy endures.
Without Him, I am nothing.


Participants:
Abbie
Alicia
Andy
Anna -Completed
Annsley
Amy
Angela -Completed
Carri
Cassie
Christin
Christal
Crystal
Eden -Completed
Esther
Hannah
Kate
Laura -Completed
Lauren
Leah -Completed
Maddi
Melinda - Completed
Renate
Sara R
Sarah H -Completed
Sarah K -Completed
Shannon
Whitney

Let's Pray

Noted Songs

Beating Hearts

It Really Works

Search & Win

Blogging Topics