Bible Reading Update

So much for the post-once-a-week-to-let-ya'll-know-how-its-going idea. But you. You all are amazing. Because between emails, blog posts, comments, and conversations in-person, you've left me encouraged and "accounted" for.  Even during this busy spell I've maintained progress, though definitely not in the daily amounts I had hoped for. (the whole getting-ahead-of-the-game-by-reading-ten-chapters? not happening).
I'll admit, that because of the busyness, I don't always feel as focused in my reading as I would like to be, so you could pray for discipline for me in that area. I'm currently reading in Joshua and John. I've really enjoyed going through the Gospels. The next couple of weeks I will be filling in for a friend, teaching her Good News Club at the school.The Bible lessons I will be teaching the kids will be on the life of Christ, which is what I just got done studying! I like the way He thinks. :-)
Two things that are still prevalent in my mind, from my reading.
Old Testament:
I was pondering the death of Moses and the fact that after all he did in service to God, one mistake--just one!--kept him from the promised land. It shed new light on the need for Christ to pay the penalty for my sin. I've done so many things wrong, but even if I had the meekness of Moses (or his resume', if you will) I still wouldn't be good enough to enter the promised land. Not by works, lest any man should boast.
New Testament:
I was really sobered by the innocence of Christ and His unjustified death. Pilot said at least 3 times-- "He is innocent!". And the people raged on. I reflected on the second coming of Christ with a new sort of excitement. Not only will I be set free from the carnal, but JESUS who took MY guilt, will be vindicated. In some ways, that happened at the first resurrection. But at the second resurrection? Every knee shall bow.What a great example Christ is of humility and patience. He did not defend Himself-- He who had only good works to defend with. Someday those who mocked His kingship, will bow at His feet. For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
  What has He been showing you??

 

4 Reflections:

Anonymous said...

Kaylene,
Thanks for the update! I am so sorry I have not been letting you know how my reading is going. I just started 1 Chronicles (I'm a little behind though, i am supposed to be almost done with it) and something that has hit me very hard lately is how many times God forgave Israel and yet they KEPT disobeying Him all over again. I mean, He very clearly lined out, this is what you are supposed to do, and this is what you are not, and this is what will happen if you obey, and this is what will happen if you disobey. The amount of times they "turned away from Him and began to worship other gods" was....beyond what I could (or took the time to) count. Then I compare it to myself, and realize, I mess up just as much as they did. How amazing the grace and forgiveness of the Lord is! I don't deserve His continuing patience with me!
Christin
Christin

Angela said...

I'm afraid I haven't kept you updated either... sorry. I'm in II Kings, but I'm also half way through Psalm, so I'm on track. I was behind for awhile until I got caught up on the way home from Georgia. I read practically all of King David's story in one day, and I was surprised how much I got caught up in it. I had always noticed the few big mistakes he made and wondered why God still called him a man after his own heart, but now I understand why. He was so humble and reliant on God, and when he made mistakes he was torn into. Anyway, I just thought it was really beautiful, and I know I can learn some lessons from it! Angela

Sarah Holman said...

I am sorry to say that I am behind in my reading. I will most likely catch up next Sunday. I am learning so much though. It is amazing how much you can learn when you are reading thought the Bible so fast.

Sarah

Melinda said...

I am finally caught up!! I'm really, really grateful. :) I'm sorry I haven't been keeping you updated.

Here is a little post I did on some of my thoughts: http://aboundinginhope.com/2010/03/01/like-micaiah/

Thanks again for initiating this Bible Reading Challenge! It has been great! :)




The Face


view Kaylene's profile
When I am faithless, He is faithful.
When mine fail, His plans prevail.
When I fail, His mercy endures.
Without Him, I am nothing.


Participants:
Abbie
Alicia
Andy
Anna -Completed
Annsley
Amy
Angela -Completed
Carri
Cassie
Christin
Christal
Crystal
Eden -Completed
Esther
Hannah
Kate
Laura -Completed
Lauren
Leah -Completed
Maddi
Melinda - Completed
Renate
Sara R
Sarah H -Completed
Sarah K -Completed
Shannon
Whitney

Let's Pray

Noted Songs

Beating Hearts

It Really Works

Search & Win

Blogging Topics