Post Of Divers Topics

(hows that for a title? Tried to be more original than "random topics" you know.)


Bible Reading Challenge 1.14.10 
Sarah K., who is one of the participants in our challenge, has been emailing me her progress and thoughts. I want to share this thought of hers with you all.

"Over the last few years I have come to realize that it is ok if one doesn't 'make it through the bible in a year' or in half a year for that matter. The important thing is that we are constantly in His word, seeking Him, studying who He is, and most importantly knowing Him. I think it is easy for people to get caught up in a 'Challenge' and I think that is one of the main reasons people fail to complete their year or half year of reading. If you just view it as a challenge, once the novelty of that wears off, you have no more motivation."
 By way of a word of caution, I would just like to say, she's right.

Also, I read this the other day and thought it was a perfect article to help keep us on the right track during this challenge. By the way, we have 3 new participants. Please remember to be in prayer for each other. We don't want this to be an exericise or mere accomplishment of discipline.

Regardless of the fact that I'm a few emails behind in life, I'm taking a short trip over the weekend. I'm happily leaving my computer behind, so you won't be seeing much of me.
Please vote in my poll in the sidebar. Feel free to expound in a comment below. When I say I'm curious, its because I can think of no stronger word that means the same thing. =)
Before I sign off  I want to acknowledge and remind you to pray... I know I am not alone when I say, my heart is burdened for the people of Haiti and those lives who've been impacted by the trauma. I'm far removed from the reality that is devastation for so many right now. Yet my mind is left reeling from graphic images and my heart hurts... and so I pray. May people turn to Jesus because of it all.

 

8 Reflections:

Mark said...

=) "diverse" has an "e" at the end... ;D

Kaylene Elise said...

james 1:2 KJV ;)

Mark said...

that's ancient english... at first I thought your post was about people who dive in the ocean or something... lol.. ;)

Anonymous said...

It's still good English even if it does challenge you to think :)

LeAnna said...

Thought you might like to know that Katie is headed to the hospital to have her sweet little babe! Be praying for her. :)

Kaylene Elise said...

THANK YOU for letting me know LeAnna! I've been praying for her and the babe. Can't wait to hear how they're doing.

Unknown said...

first, thank you for visiting my blog and following it. I am very pleased!

Second, I LOVE you blog, and the design is so pretty!

And now to the point of the comment. :)

On the poll it asked if you would participate in door-to-door evangelism. I voted other, because I feel that I should not evangeslis UNLESS the Lord promps me to, and I know I should with my heart.

God Bless you,
Lauren Anne

Abbie said...

Kaylene, I love the idea of your poll. The explanation of my answer ended up a little lengthy, so I sent you an email instead.

I can totally sympathize with being behind several emails, so don't feel that you need to reply ;) Just wanted to share my thoughts on the topic.

Hope you enjoyed your weekend vacation!!!




The Face


view Kaylene's profile
When I am faithless, He is faithful.
When mine fail, His plans prevail.
When I fail, His mercy endures.
Without Him, I am nothing.


Participants:
Abbie
Alicia
Andy
Anna -Completed
Annsley
Amy
Angela -Completed
Carri
Cassie
Christin
Christal
Crystal
Eden -Completed
Esther
Hannah
Kate
Laura -Completed
Lauren
Leah -Completed
Maddi
Melinda - Completed
Renate
Sara R
Sarah H -Completed
Sarah K -Completed
Shannon
Whitney

Let's Pray

Noted Songs

Beating Hearts

It Really Works

Search & Win

Blogging Topics