How Do You Want to Die?

Then Judas which had betrayed him,
when he saw that he was condemned,
repented himself and brought again

the thirty pieces of silver
to the chief priests and elders, saying,
“I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood.”
And they said, “What is that to us? See thou to that.”
And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple,
and departed and went and hanged himself.

This was in my Bible reading today. I was slammed with the realization that I once was a Judas. And at times, I allow that old nature to slip in.

To live for myself is to betray my Maker who created me to live for Him.

I had to ask myself and now I ask you. Will you crucify your “self” and serve the Lord; or will you feed your “self” until you founder on the world’s pleasures?

Either way, you die.

The question is, for what purpose will you die? Eternal purpose or the temporal?

For one you live and then die. That's it. The other, you die and then live. Abundantly and Eternally. How can they even compare? How you decide to die, Depends mostly on how you decide to live.

Surely this is what Jesus meant when He said, "He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal."
photo shot by- Soryn V.

"Jesus didn't come into the world to make bad men good; He came to make dead men live!"
- Leonard Ravenhill

 

4 Reflections:

Anonymous said...

i love this kaylene♥
beautifully thought out!

Unknown said...

Wonderful, thought provoking post. Thank you Kaylene!

Love ya!

Abbie said...

Wow, your posts are so amazing, Kaylene. You're not afraid to take a cold, hard look at the ugliness of sin, yet you also have such a graceful, tender way or portraying our Lord's amazing grace!

I love what you said about living for one, and then dying, or dying for the other, and then living.

You should write a book. I'm serious.

Blessings,
Abbie

Anonymous said...

Those are GREAT thoughts, Kaylene! I agree with Abbie, you should write a book. GOd has gifted you tremendously with words.
Christin




The Face


view Kaylene's profile
When I am faithless, He is faithful.
When mine fail, His plans prevail.
When I fail, His mercy endures.
Without Him, I am nothing.


Participants:
Abbie
Alicia
Andy
Anna -Completed
Annsley
Amy
Angela -Completed
Carri
Cassie
Christin
Christal
Crystal
Eden -Completed
Esther
Hannah
Kate
Laura -Completed
Lauren
Leah -Completed
Maddi
Melinda - Completed
Renate
Sara R
Sarah H -Completed
Sarah K -Completed
Shannon
Whitney

Let's Pray

Noted Songs

Beating Hearts

It Really Works

Search & Win

Blogging Topics