Look Up

Its so easy to forget. In the middle of the conversation with a total stranger its easy to forget my available Resource. When confronting someone about their spiritual beliefs is easy to forget to 'Look up'.

Sometimes I hesitate to say something for fear I don't know enough about it. Other times I hesitate to quote or look up a scripture, afraid that I might not be able to quote it correctly or find where its at in the Bible.

But today? Today was amazing. GOD is amazing. Words just aren't adequate. Alex and I were talking to a young man who came from a Catholic background, but had long ago given up on living a "religious" life. Alex shared that she also use to be in a Catholic home and so our conversation started off with some good conversation and testimony with opportunity to just relate to the young man in a simple sort of way.

The conversation proceeded and he indicated that he didn't believe that God exists. Immediately a verse came to mind. "The fool has said in his heart, there is no God."
I wished I knew where it was in Scriptures, so I could read it as God's Words and not just me accusing him (the young man) of being a fool.

These thoughts passed through my mind so quickly, but next thing I knew I was opening my Bible and thinking "If God wants me to read it, He'll show it to me."

I kid you not, the most incredible thing happened. I opened right up to Psalm 14:1 and it was the first verse that my eyes saw. I was floored. I doubt I will ever, ever forget that reference after today. I KNEW at that point that God wanted me to read the verse. I wasn't even sure it would fit in our conversation, but I knew that verse was for him. So I read,
"The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good. The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God. They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, no one." [Ps.14:1-3]

We were able to proceed with the conversation and I shared the entire Gospel. But only after that point. Only after I opened the Word, obeyed the promptings to read, and just let the Lord speak through me. There's no telling what kind of impact that time was in that young man's life. But I KNOW God's word will not return void. Don't forget. Look up. God is there listening in. God is seeking to use you. Listen up!
photo caption: my friend Soryn

 

3 Reflections:

Melinda said...

that is really neat, Kaylene! thanks for sharing it!

Melinda P.

Anonymous said...

That is amazing! You are right, we often forget to "look up". We rely on our own argument and don't let God's Word work in people. Thank you for sharing it.

Christin

Kaylene Elise said...

I'm just so happy to testify that God still moves, speaks, and is working in the hearts of men! Glory, GLORY to Him!




The Face


view Kaylene's profile
When I am faithless, He is faithful.
When mine fail, His plans prevail.
When I fail, His mercy endures.
Without Him, I am nothing.


Participants:
Abbie
Alicia
Andy
Anna -Completed
Annsley
Amy
Angela -Completed
Carri
Cassie
Christin
Christal
Crystal
Eden -Completed
Esther
Hannah
Kate
Laura -Completed
Lauren
Leah -Completed
Maddi
Melinda - Completed
Renate
Sara R
Sarah H -Completed
Sarah K -Completed
Shannon
Whitney

Let's Pray

Noted Songs

Beating Hearts

It Really Works

Search & Win

Blogging Topics