Help!

Everyone says it, and pretty much all the time. But can I just say? WHERE in the WORLD does 2010 think its going in such a hurry?? Seriously?
I had every intention of writing a post on the midway mark for the Bible Reading Challenge. I did. I did. I truly did. Just like I had every intention of writing my dear aunt a birthday note. ...Back in February. ...And still haven't gotten to it. *sigh*
But the time passing quickly is no excuse, because truthfully, time always passes quicker than we think it will. 
So having gotten that squared away... Hows it going? Specifically, your Bible reading? I think now would be a good time for everyone who is still with us on the journey, to in one shape or form report their progress. Comment, post, email, etc... Please link to any posts in a comment below so I can be sure and read them and others will know you posted as well.
Any comments like ' You can do it! ' 'You're almost there! ' and ' We love you anyway!' would  also be greatly appreciated. I'm kidding. That's just my lead-in to confirm that yes the rumors are true. I'm behind. And not just a couple of days. More like a couple of weeks.
I promised transparency and I asked it of you too. So I'm showing the innards here. I need ya'll to help me catch up. Lord willing and the creek don't rise, I will be posting my progress every other day until I am caught up. I've said before, I don't want to water down the reading of God's Word by being so driven by 'amount', but honestly I've just not been disciplined in my schedule to really take time out for God's Word. (ever try to read it on the run? Yeah, thats me) And I think this will help me to be more deliberate. They may be really short posts.: "I read 15 chapters today. Feeling refreshed. The End." But knowing I have to write that, will really motivate me.
How did I get so far behind? Well for every legitimate excuse I can think of, I can also think of other activities (uh...hum, facebook, twitter, sleeping) that I could have cut back on and didn't. So they pretty much cancel each other out and leave me very much behind and need of an extra "push" to get me swinging again. I've been trying to wake up 30 minutes earlier in the morning to have more time to read. On work days this means getting up at 4:30. Um yes, prayer would be good.
So, so far today I have read 13 chapters. And I am feeling refreshed. Tired, but refreshed. Only the Lord. : )
2.8 months to go!! Who's still with me??

 

11 Reflections:

LeAnna said...

Oh my goodness, I so hear you about this year flying by. It's April for pete's sake. My 4th anniversary is in 2 months, my 24th birthday in 3, and I'm having a baby in 6 more months. Gawwww-leeee.

You can do it, Kaylene!
You're almost there!
Rah rah! {That's a bonus, because...}
We love you anyway!

Anonymous said...

I'm here!!

http://princesslolly94.blogspot.com/2010/04/halfway.html

And still raring to go! Woo-hoo!


~Anna

Melinda said...

Hey, Kaylene,

Sorry for not keeping you updated.

After being behind for most of January and February, I am now totally caught up and am keeping up.
I am learning sooooo much and have been filling my journal with so many insights and revelations from God. It has been exciting. :)

You can do it! I know you can! I was several weeks behind, and I am now caught up. I will be praying you do get caught up too.

Love ya!
Melinda

Scott said...

Your transparency is refreshing, I totally understand what you are saying about reading a set number of chapters every day. Lots of prayers are needed when you rise at 4:30am, I get up everyday at 5:00 and that is early enough for me.

Alana said...

"You can do it!" "You're almost there!" "I love you anyway!"


[and I do. thanks for the time you took out today to spend with me. it was kinda fantastic. let's make it a habit when you're all caught up. k??]

Unknown said...

Hey Kaylene! You can do it! Con gratulations on reading 13 chapters today! :-) I'm still in the challenge and wrote an update on my progress on my blog. You can check it out here:

http://www.heirsofpromise.net/2010/04/halfway-there.html

Blessings!

Renate said...

I'm still with you!

But... in the interests of transparency, I'll admit, I'm only just still with you. I am waaaaaay behind.

I am also totally convicted. Cut to the heart. Quote: "Well for every legitimate excuse I can think of, I can also think of other activities ... that I could have cut back on and didn't." I am totally with you on this one! It's much easier to focus on the legitimate excuses, isn't it?

Thanks once again for keeping us accountable. :) We can do it!

Anonymous said...

I'm still with you too! Although, like Renate, I am about a week or two behind, and also I could be cutting back on several things that would help me have the time to catch up. Thanks for keeping me accountable, and I really am going to try to catch up. I am in Psalms. Supposed to have finished it by now...but haven't. Of course there are those exuses like TeenPact homwork, and ACT prep, but really, my Bible reading should be more important to me than it is. So, now I will get off here and go read. :) I miss you lots, Kaylene!
Christin

Erin said...

You can do it!!! {smile}

Laura Harris said...

You can do it ... WE can do it! :)

http://latte-with-love.blogspot.com/2010/04/in-january-i-joined-challenge-to-read.html

Kaylene Elise said...

I wanted to respond to your lovely comments before I head off to work this morning.

Its SO encouraging to read your updates.

THANK YOU for your transparency and faithfulness to stick this out! Your relationship with the Lord will only blossom because of it.

And thanks to everyone cheering me on. Ya'll are the best. You make me smile and definitely motivate me to keep at it. :)

I've been reminding myself and I want all of you to know, that its not failing the challenge to get behind. Our goal is to be done by the end of June. However you get it all done by then, is up to you. BUT if you wait and have to cram, I don't think you're going to get as much out of it, which is why I'm trying to carefully pace myself. Anyways, I just wanted to put that out there. EVERYONE IS DOING GREAT!




The Face


view Kaylene's profile
When I am faithless, He is faithful.
When mine fail, His plans prevail.
When I fail, His mercy endures.
Without Him, I am nothing.


Participants:
Abbie
Alicia
Andy
Anna -Completed
Annsley
Amy
Angela -Completed
Carri
Cassie
Christin
Christal
Crystal
Eden -Completed
Esther
Hannah
Kate
Laura -Completed
Lauren
Leah -Completed
Maddi
Melinda - Completed
Renate
Sara R
Sarah H -Completed
Sarah K -Completed
Shannon
Whitney

Let's Pray

Noted Songs

Beating Hearts

It Really Works

Search & Win

Blogging Topics