My Brain Aches ;-) But My Heart is Full

Written night before last...

My heart is overflowing with a good theme [and my fingers are that of a ready typist :)]

I keep thinking about my last post. There are so many aspects to consider. A comment I received upon posting the link to facebook, provoked even more thought. My friend Brendan said, "It is truly out of love that God does let us to a point 'reap what we sow'. Although we never truly get what we deserve..."

Its the truth. The penalty for sin has been paid in full! We don't get what we deserve at all. To me this is all the more indicative of the mercy of affliction. If its not punishment, what is it? By allowing us to "taste" sin and its consequences He is conforming us into the image of His Son, which has the potential to keep us (if we let it) from going back to the deep turmoil of a purposeless life of sin.

"The world has lost its transient lure— Its evil spell I shun; I've set my course for higher things. Till earth's brief race is run". —Bosch
I would probably be getting in over my head to try and say any more than that. What's the difference between penalty and consequence? And if through Christ we are justified, can the consequences of a saint sinning, still be considered judgment? Your thoughts are welcome. All I know, is that right now I'm just overcome by the mercy of it all. I deserved to die. Christ died for me. I deserve to fail in times of temptation and go straight to the depths of Hell. Every temptation I've ever endured (or caved to!) He's endured too.

My evening is coming to a close. I just came across this simple yet meaningful song. [HT: Bryant] It summarizes my thoughts on the previous post and this one. It expresses the honor I feel in my heart towards Christ Who gave His all for me. Jesus, You deserve to be lifted high. What thanksgiving wells up inside me as I go to bed this night.

And even now that I'm inside your hands
Help me not to grow prideful again
Don't let me forsake sacrifice
Jesus you be lifted high

 

2 Reflections:

Unknown said...

Wonderful truths that are very precious.

I thought a lot about this while I was preparing for Bible club back in August. We don't get the penalty or punishment for our sins...because Christ took it for us...He died in my place...

Amazing love, how can it be?

Thanks for the encouraging post. Marvelous thinking material for the day. :)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful thoughts. I love that song too, but I don't get to hear it much anymore. Your last few posts, and the ones that you have posted more recently than this have all gone straight to my heart, and been a tremendous encouragement to me. Thank you so much, Kaylene.
Christin




The Face


view Kaylene's profile
When I am faithless, He is faithful.
When mine fail, His plans prevail.
When I fail, His mercy endures.
Without Him, I am nothing.


Participants:
Abbie
Alicia
Andy
Anna -Completed
Annsley
Amy
Angela -Completed
Carri
Cassie
Christin
Christal
Crystal
Eden -Completed
Esther
Hannah
Kate
Laura -Completed
Lauren
Leah -Completed
Maddi
Melinda - Completed
Renate
Sara R
Sarah H -Completed
Sarah K -Completed
Shannon
Whitney

Let's Pray

Noted Songs

Beating Hearts

It Really Works

Search & Win

Blogging Topics