Issues With Blogging

Blogging would be higher on my priority list if it wasn't for these.

  • Stalkerish people scare me. and I'm one of them. ;)
  • So much to say, too little time. Blogging can easily eat time.
  • Its hard for me to write a thought exactly the way I thought it.
  • Avid bloggers start to think in "posts" instead of "thoughts". This is annoying.
  • If you make a blanket statement it can be hard to explain to someone who doesn't know you.
  • Sometimes fingers on the keyboard misinterpret desire to be an encouragement into "my
  • life is perfect and I'm happy all the time"
  • No matter how sincere the writing, you will never know the real me without meeting me in
  • person, hearing me laugh, and watching me get excited over something.

Maybe sometime I'll post on why I ever do blog. ;)

 

10 Reflections:

Kathy said...

Wow, you got this so right! There are probably a lot of other pertinent reasons why blogging isn't the priority way to communicate, but this is a great list. I especially identfy with the third one, and the last two. Thanks for putting thoughts into words!

Kaylene Elise said...

you're right. there's more to the story. :) I decided to keep it to these. some of the other ones I was thinking about are related to these ones in certain ways.

by the way, if anyone has anything to add to this list, I'd be curious. or maybe reasons as to why you DO blog.

Anonymous said...

Kaylene,
Even though I don't have a blog, I can see how these things could be annoying, scary, or just tiring. I definately understand the first, second, and last ones, and if I had a blog, these would probably be my main problems. I do enjoy reading your blog, and it is a great encouragement to me.
Christin

Anonymous said...

:) hi

(says a creepy stalker that you know)

Kaylene Elise said...

all creepy stalkers must report to the guestbook ;)

creepy stalker said...

basically the same reasoning I would have if I had a blog. :)

(a really creepy stalker...that didn't want to report to the guestbook...) :) :)

Anonymous said...

Alwight, I confess, I was the "creepy stalker". :) i didn't want to sign the guest book. I didn't feel like a guest! :)

Melinda

Kaylene Elise said...

heehee, you're not very creepy Melinda :)

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness, I know JUST how you feel! And I love the first one - me too. :D Just discovered your blog, love it and think that despite these reasons you should totally keep blogging as much as possible. :)

Kaylene Elise said...

Thanks for stopping in Hannahlee! I do plan on continuing to blog, though I'm finding myself so short on time lately! I shall return though, Lord willing. :)




The Face


view Kaylene's profile
When I am faithless, He is faithful.
When mine fail, His plans prevail.
When I fail, His mercy endures.
Without Him, I am nothing.


Participants:
Abbie
Alicia
Andy
Anna -Completed
Annsley
Amy
Angela -Completed
Carri
Cassie
Christin
Christal
Crystal
Eden -Completed
Esther
Hannah
Kate
Laura -Completed
Lauren
Leah -Completed
Maddi
Melinda - Completed
Renate
Sara R
Sarah H -Completed
Sarah K -Completed
Shannon
Whitney

Let's Pray

Noted Songs

Beating Hearts

It Really Works

Search & Win

Blogging Topics