This Journey

This journey of life is our own in that we are responsible before the Lord and no one else. Mine is His, though, in that its by Him and through Him that I have the grace to live.

THIS JOURNEY- sung by Sara Groves
When I stand before the Lord, I'll be
standing alone. This journey is my own.
Still I want man's advice, and I need
man's approval, but this journey is my own

Why would I want to live for man and pay
the highest price? What would it mean to
gain the world, only to lose my life?

So much of what I do is to make a good
impression. This journey is my own.
So much of what I say is to make myself
look better. This journey is my own

I have never felt relief like I feel it
right now. This journey is my own. 'Cause
trying to please the world it was breaking
me down, it was breaking me down

Now I live and I breathe for an audience
of one, now I live and I breath for an
audience of one. Now I live and I breathe
for an audience of one, 'cause I
know this journey is my own

You can live for someone else, and it
will only bring you pain. I can't even
judge myself. Only the Lord can say, "Well done."

 

4 Reflections:

Anonymous said...

Kaylene,
Wow. That is just what I needed right now. Thank you so much for posting it, I had never heard that song before. I hope you are doing well...I am praying for ya!
Christin

Anonymous said...

How long have you been gone now? I miss you a lot!!!!!!!!! Hope today goes well.
Christin

Katie said...

Oh I love Sara Groves. :D Her lyrics speak to me every time I listen to one of her songs!!

Anonymous said...

that was great!




The Face


view Kaylene's profile
When I am faithless, He is faithful.
When mine fail, His plans prevail.
When I fail, His mercy endures.
Without Him, I am nothing.


Participants:
Abbie
Alicia
Andy
Anna -Completed
Annsley
Amy
Angela -Completed
Carri
Cassie
Christin
Christal
Crystal
Eden -Completed
Esther
Hannah
Kate
Laura -Completed
Lauren
Leah -Completed
Maddi
Melinda - Completed
Renate
Sara R
Sarah H -Completed
Sarah K -Completed
Shannon
Whitney

Let's Pray

Noted Songs

Beating Hearts

It Really Works

Search & Win

Blogging Topics