Christmas Poll Results

How do you celebrate Christmas?

I only use it as a time with family
14 (50%)
I celebrate Jesus' birth at this time
16 (57%)
I celebrate everything- Santa Claus, Jesus, Trees
4 (14%)
I don't celebrate it because its a pagan holiday
4 (14%)
I don't do much, because I hate how commercialized its become
2 (7%)
Other reason (please expound with a comment)
3 (10%)

There were 28 votes total. Thanks to everyone who voted and/or left comments! It was so interesting to hear your thoughts and reasons. I believe its important to be purposeful in all that we do, and celebrating Christmas should be no exception... so I hoped this provoked some thought ??

It was interesting to see the difference of popularity in the options, but to see that each option was chosen at least once! Hmmm....What should we poll next? =)

 

3 Reflections:

Anonymous said...

Well, that is interesting...hmmm.
Anywhoo, I put a post on my blog about Christmas...'the evils of christmas'...hehe. Anyway.
That is very neat. I'd like to know how you do the voting thing!
www.ladysweetpea.com

Anonymous said...

I voted for the Jesus one because that's what I believe Christmas is all about. I do however spend time with my immediate family exchanging gifts and having a relaxed time. I also celebrate Jesus' life everyday. Thank you for the poll, I enjoy voting in them and just found your blog, so I'll vote when you do another! Perhaps something about New Years Eve??? Just a suggestion.
Have a great Christmas.

Alison said...

I know this topic doesn't really fit this blog but I just thought I'd let you know that I created a new blog (http://random-thoughts-of-little-importance.blogger.com) for you to comment on. This way you don't have to respond on the blogs I create for my classes.




The Face


view Kaylene's profile
When I am faithless, He is faithful.
When mine fail, His plans prevail.
When I fail, His mercy endures.
Without Him, I am nothing.


Participants:
Abbie
Alicia
Andy
Anna -Completed
Annsley
Amy
Angela -Completed
Carri
Cassie
Christin
Christal
Crystal
Eden -Completed
Esther
Hannah
Kate
Laura -Completed
Lauren
Leah -Completed
Maddi
Melinda - Completed
Renate
Sara R
Sarah H -Completed
Sarah K -Completed
Shannon
Whitney

Let's Pray

Noted Songs

Beating Hearts

It Really Works

Search & Win

Blogging Topics