6 MONTHS!

I just finished the best chapter in the Bible. Is it ok to say that? Don't take that as a theological statement or anything. I'm just feeling biased at the moment.
Revelation 22. [thats a huge hint to go read it.you won't be sorry] Its been a favorite for the last few months, and was a wonderful way to end this reading challenge.
 Did you catch that? I just finished reading the Bible. And the fact that makes me the happiest is that a number of you have finished already as well. I'm curious how many of you really thought you could do it??
So far I have heard word that Leah (finished in 3 months), Anna (finished in 5 months),Angela, Laura, and Melinda have finished in 6 months. Would anyone else who's finished please comment! To all of you, I am blessed that you were blessed. And I deeply appreciate your accountability.
 If you are not finished by midnight tonight you are automatically disqualified and you lose! please, please don't stop. =] Keep reading those deliciously large amounts of The Word. Keep on keeping on. We're still in this with you by prayer and accountability!
I kept wondering how we should end this. I thought about doing my first blog giveaway or having a drawing of some sorts. I finally decided-- I think all of us gained an incredible amount through reading the Scriptures. I don't want to take away from that. Nothing I can do in celebration of us reaching a goal, can really compare with that. So bloggy party?? Someday. But today lets just relish in God's goodness in the revelation of His written word and strive to share it with others. Please feel free to comment here on what blessed you the most during your journey through the Bible. Also, please link to your "finale" blog posts concerning the challenge. Thanks, thanks, and thanks!
"The Spirit and the bride say, 'Come.' And let him that heareth say, 'Come.' And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely." Revelation 22:17

 

12 Reflections:

Unknown said...

Praise God, I was able to finish successfully yesterday (June 30th). This challenge has been such a blessing to me, Kaylene! I'm so glad God put it on your heart to host it. You can read my blog post on finishing the challenge here:

http://www.heirsofpromise.net/2010/06/i-did-it.html

Thanks again for all your encouraging posts throughout the challenge! May God bless you richly!

Melinda said...

Hooray!! :)
Love ya, and I am so glad you initiated this!
Thanks again!

Kate said...

Um, so I guess I'm one of those losers that is automatically disqualified.

I'm happy I got as far as I did and I'm not stopping! And even though I didn't make the 6 month mark, this is the fastest rate I've ever read it and I am truly being blessed by the Word and am learning a lot. Thanks for putting the challenge together

Kaylene Elise said...

Kate, I was t.o.t.a.l.l.y. kidding about the 'losing' thing. As hard as I tried to reach the goal of six months, I have to say, there really is something to be said for reading it slow enough to chew on it a little more than I was able to. I was so blessed you even began with a brand new bebe to keep you pre-occupied!!

Sarah Holman said...

I finished! And no, I never thought I can do it.

Sarah Holman said...

I meant could. That's what I get for typing fast.

Kaylene Elise said...

Eden and Sarah! I'm so glad!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry I didn't know about this challenge until now!! Will you do it again next year?
Blessings,
Kate

Kaylene Elise said...

Hi Kate, I'm not sure if I will or not... If you ever decide to do it on your own though, I'd love to help in any way I can whether it be by holding you accountable or just encouraging you on!

Anglican Mama said...

So excited for you all finishing your Bible trek! :) I just started one with some friends a couple weeks ago, and enjoying it so much. So happy to hear that the Word ministered to you while you journeyed through it!

Kate said...

I know Kaylene. It made me laugh though.:)

I was happy to have made it over halfway so maybe I'll get done in a year. I'd still be happy with that.:)

Renate said...

http://theregatta.wordpress.com/2010/07/22/so-what-happened/




The Face


view Kaylene's profile
When I am faithless, He is faithful.
When mine fail, His plans prevail.
When I fail, His mercy endures.
Without Him, I am nothing.


Participants:
Abbie
Alicia
Andy
Anna -Completed
Annsley
Amy
Angela -Completed
Carri
Cassie
Christin
Christal
Crystal
Eden -Completed
Esther
Hannah
Kate
Laura -Completed
Lauren
Leah -Completed
Maddi
Melinda - Completed
Renate
Sara R
Sarah H -Completed
Sarah K -Completed
Shannon
Whitney

Let's Pray

Noted Songs

Beating Hearts

It Really Works

Search & Win

Blogging Topics