Perpetual Movement of Time and Circumstance

Caption: Jolynn, Kaylene, Jeb in 1993(?)
Change. It must be the most prevalent paradox in my life right now. Its good and yet at times it seems oh so ... wrong. I would like to one day find myself whole heartedly taking hold of the future without looking back at what used to be or what could have been. Memories are beautiful things of course, but when compared with the present, at times it brings one an edge of discontentment.

Perhaps the most disconcerting part is the realization that who I've come to know as being "me" is also changing. Daily circumstances and temptations show that I am not who I sometimes make myself out to be nor am I the person I once was. Growth is definitely a good thing but sometimes I stop mid way and ask "who is this new me?"

A million different song lyrics come to mind for this post. Everyone must experience feelings like this, and think similar thoughts at certain times in their lives.

I find a magnitude of comfort in knowing that though circumstances change, people change, and even I change, God does not. My perspective of Him may. My comprehension level in other words. But He does not. And for that, at this very moment, I am tremendously thankful for.

"Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen." 1 Timothy 1:17

 

3 Reflections:

Anonymous said...

This is exactly what has been my struggle lately. With several friends leaving, and others considering leaving next year, lots is chaning. God has blessed me with many wonderful friends, and it is hard to say goodbye to even some of them. A lot of things are changing. But praise the Lord that He NEVER changes! Thanks for the reminder, Kaylene!

Christin

P.S. What a cute picture! I love you girls' pigtails!!!

Unknown said...

I'm with you on how hard change is...I'm facing a lot of it now. It is good and I love it at times, other times, I wish some things could stay the same. :) and it is sooo comforting to know that God NEVER changes, He is always the same.

Melinda

Kate said...

Life is bittersweet. But change is constant and even though I have shed tears over some closing doors, the new ones that have opened are good too. Just different! I just try to embrace and enjoy each stage and leave no room for regrets when its time to move on.

Its funny, I was going to do a post about change too but I couldn't get my thoughts in order. And here you said it for me! :)

Praying for you girl! Love, Katie




The Face


view Kaylene's profile
When I am faithless, He is faithful.
When mine fail, His plans prevail.
When I fail, His mercy endures.
Without Him, I am nothing.


Participants:
Abbie
Alicia
Andy
Anna -Completed
Annsley
Amy
Angela -Completed
Carri
Cassie
Christin
Christal
Crystal
Eden -Completed
Esther
Hannah
Kate
Laura -Completed
Lauren
Leah -Completed
Maddi
Melinda - Completed
Renate
Sara R
Sarah H -Completed
Sarah K -Completed
Shannon
Whitney

Let's Pray

Noted Songs

Beating Hearts

It Really Works

Search & Win

Blogging Topics