Krysta and the Whale

My cousin Krysta (who is hearing impaired) informed me that her interpreter at school had told her all about the story of Jonah being eaten by a fish. The conversation continued on like this...

Krysta
: Do you think it was a whale that ate him?


Me
: Well, the Bible just tells us it was a 'big fish'.

Krysta
: Oh, well, I'm pretty sure it was a whale, because whales don't have taste buds and they eat anything...

I got a kick out of that, and now I'm wondering... Do whales have tastebuds? I think I'm going to go google it. Good night.

PS.... thought you might be interested to see my research results...
"Whales do not have many taste buds, and those present have atrophied or degenerated. They have not been well studied."

There you have your little bit of Whale Ed for the day. I wonder if this is enough to build a theological premise for what it was that specifically swallowed Jonah. Fascinating.

 

5 Reflections:

Anonymous said...

That is so interesting, Kaylene, I didn't know that! Funny story too! :)

Melinda

Rachel said...

Wow! I would never have known...it kind of cracks me up when it says "they have not been well studied" =)Here's more for you~
Do penguins have knees? =)
Why do round pizzas come in square boxes? =) Love you!

Anonymous said...

Kaylene,
I had never really thought about whale's taste buds before! That is a funny story.
I hope you are doing well. Love you!

Christin

Shieldmaiden said...

Hmmm..whales having taste buds..insteresting thought. I beleive that it was a whale because they are mammals and need air where as a fish does not and Jonah would have needed air. Do you know how to do sign language? It is so much fun! I bet you have a great ime with her!

Elizabeth J. said...

Very interesting thoughts. I never knew that about whales.=)




The Face


view Kaylene's profile
When I am faithless, He is faithful.
When mine fail, His plans prevail.
When I fail, His mercy endures.
Without Him, I am nothing.


Participants:
Abbie
Alicia
Andy
Anna -Completed
Annsley
Amy
Angela -Completed
Carri
Cassie
Christin
Christal
Crystal
Eden -Completed
Esther
Hannah
Kate
Laura -Completed
Lauren
Leah -Completed
Maddi
Melinda - Completed
Renate
Sara R
Sarah H -Completed
Sarah K -Completed
Shannon
Whitney

Let's Pray

Noted Songs

Beating Hearts

It Really Works

Search & Win

Blogging Topics